DeLaval is the market leader in milking equipment employing 4 300 people in more than 100 markets around the world. Our dairy farming partners benefit from over 125 years industry experience, sharing complete solutions with trusted local support and service. Our research and development programmes ensure that farmers can rely on DeLaval to help them preserve cow health and support the production of quality milk. For more information please visit www.delaval.com. DeLaval is a company of the Tetra Laval Group.
Software Engineer in Embedded application development
As a software engineer you will develop new and maintain current and future Dairy farm management products and systems. The farm systems are built of fully autonomous robots, conventional milking parlors, feeding equipment; PC systems and a broad range of techniques to manage and support the farmer in his day-day business. The milking systems are designed to withstand continuous operation in harsh environments.
The farm systems are built of conventional milking parlors, feeding equipment, fully autonomous robots, PC systems and a broad range of techniques to manage and support the farmer in his day to day business. The milking systems are designed to withstand continuous operation in harsh environments.
In this position as a Software engineer with the responsibility of development of our embedded applications, you will develop new and maintain current and future functions for our Farm management products and systems. Main part of your work will be development in C/C++ as well as Python.
Our applications and device software are developed in Java, C/C + +, Python and C# both as embedded SW applications on Linux and PC UI on Windows.
- Master degree from Computer science or equivalent
- 1-2 years Python or other scripting language
- 2 years embedded SW development
- Test automation in simulated test framework in both host environment on PC as well as embedded systems
- Techniques such as CAN, TCP/IP, SQL, virtual machines, web services
- Ability to see and understand the whole complex system as well as when needed dig into details
- Experience from working in both Linux and Windows environment
- Excellent English written and spoken is required
- A senior developer in similar products working in the environment of:
- C programming in embedded systems in a limited HW environment (ARM Processor)
- Multi threaded systems
- Linux/ Unix
- Debugging and trouble shooting
- Team oriented with experience from work in Scrum team, to take initiative, responsibility and pride in your work delivering high quality SW according to Clean Code principles
-Experience from an environment of Continuous Integration using the Jenkins tool and GIT as environment
-Excellent English written and spoken is required
We offer you:
Challenging work tasks in a business where your work really makes a difference.
Work in a Scrum team as part of a SW program that is equally divided between Tumba and Wroclaw (Poland) where we strive for close cooperation to reach high quality in our frequent deliveries by using Clean Code as a concept.
A possibility to work with software development in a different and fun area of application – not many software developers can come home after a rewarding day at work with a slight smell of cow around them…”
We are responsible for products and features that provides the customer with tools to increase the profitability and efficiency of the operation, such as herd management, feeding and milking, which gives the farmer much more freedom to carry out the business.
The position is located at DeLaval in Sweden, Tumba.
Travels to meet customers and to see our products in real environment is required as well as meeting with the colleagues in Poland.
This recruitment is handled by Dfind IT. If you have questions about this position, contact Ercan Bahar Recruitment Consultant email@example.com 072-246 74 09
Welcome with your application as soon as possible and no later than 15th of Januari