Associate Scientist Cell Biology, R&D Sobi
The unit of Research & Translational Science’s main focus is early development of biopharmaceuticals. Protein Engineering is a department in the Research & Translational Science unit that is responsible for engineering, generation & optimisation of lead biological molecules. Sobi is offering a laboratory scientist position in a progress oriented research organisation, where everyone is engaged in making a better life of patients suffering from rare disease.
As a Molecular/Cell Biology Scientist in the Protein Engineering department you will be responsible for recombinant protein expression in CHO and HEK293 cells as well as developing, refining and execute laboratory methods in the field of molecular biology. You will work on projects in the discovery research and preclinical phases of development through focused cutting edge practical laboratory work.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Cultivation and maintenance of eukaryotic cells
- Recombinant protein expression in eukaryotic cells
- To actively participate in multifunctional project teams.
- To generate, evaluate and interpret data
- Establish relevant reports and documents or parts of documentation as required at different stages of projects
- Take responsibility for laboratory and equipment according to agreed standards
- Collaborate within project teams
- MSc or equivalent in molecular/cell biology or other relevant discipline.
- 2 years or more experience of cultivation of eukaryotic cells, either in academic or industrial life science laboratory setting
- Knowledge of data evaluation programs
- Experience in report writing
- Fluent in both oral and written English. Swedish fluency is a merit.
If you share our core values: Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful and Engaged, you will enjoy working with us.
Employment: full time, temporary 1 year
Last date of application: 2017-05-02
For information: In this recruitment Sobi is collaborating with Dfind Science & Engineering. For questions please contact responsible recruitment consultant Ellinor Crafoord 0733-434502. Apply via www.dfind.se/science-engineering not later than 2017-05-02
Organization and Business description:
Sobi is an international specialty healthcare company dedicated to rare diseases. Our mission is to develop and deliver innovative therapies and services to improve the lives of patients. The product portfolio is primary focused on Haemophilia, Inflammation and Genetic diseases. We also market a portfolio of speciality and rare disease products for partner companies across Europe, the Middle East, North Africa and Russia. Sobi is a pioneer in biotechnology with world-class capabilities in protein biochemistry and biologics manufacturing. In 2015, Sobi had total revenues of SEK 3.2 billion (USD 385 M) and approximately 700 employees. The share (STO:SOBI) is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm. More information is available at www.sobi.com.