Functional Safety Engineer / IEC 61508 Specialist
The Functional Safety Engineer will steer and participate to risk assessments, reliability and availability calculations, software assurance plans and safety plans during the implementation of different projects. Functional safety management compliancy to IEC 61508 is a key element for the solutions offered by ADB SAFEGATE to their customers.
With your large experience in the field of IEC 61508 you are able to translate all aspects of IEC 61508 in to method and processes ensuring the expected SIL targets are met.
In addition to the Functional Safety Engineer will also get the opportunity to be responsible to:
- Plan and manage the safety culture appropriate to the individual projects including the facilitation of FMEA (DFMEA & FMECA) & HAZOP workshops and other assurance activities
- Perform risk assessment for systems, using analytical tools as Fault Tree Analysis, Operations Hazard Analysis, and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Perform evaluation and assessment of hazards associated with systems design (hardware and software) and products; lead the programs in implementation of appropriate mitigation techniques
- Advise designers & engineers of the assurance options and safety considerations affecting their design solutions
- Prepare Reliability and Availability calculations to support the various designs and proposals to customers
- As part of the sales process you will participate in the evaluation of and submission for the technical content of tenders
- System safety descriptions and other relevant documentation
City: Malmö Sweden, London UK or in Zaventem Belgium
Job type: Full time
Deadline for applications: 2017.05.10
To be able to handle this role we believe you to be creative, dedicated and open-minded. You are an independent person, who takes initiative and you are result-, quality oriented and likes to participate to the development and improvement. In addition you have strong technical and analytical problem solving skills. We also believe you are an excellent communicator, a team player and that you thrive in a multicultural environment.
Experience and background:
For this position it is mandatory to be certified in IEC 61508 and Six Sigma. We think the successful candidate holds a Bachelor degree in Engineering with minimum five years of experience. You have strong knowledge within designing, delivering and validating Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) conforming to the requirements of IEC 61508.
We also expect you to have experience with;
- FEMA, Fault Tree Analysis process and tools
- Reliability and Availability calculations including system life cycle cost estimates
- Generating functional safety development interface agreements and Human factors aspects
- Safety validation testing
- Project engineering/management
- Application of human factors data in safety engineering conforming to the requirements of IEC 61508
- Training needs analysis
- User knowledge of Windows, understand standing of software structure
- Knowledge of tools like ISOGRAPH, MS Office, Project and Visio
You are fluent in English, other languages is beneficial, preferable Swedish, Dutch or French. International and intercultural experience is meritorious.
In this recruitment ADB SAFEGATE cooperates with Dfind Science & Engineering. If you want to know more about the role, please contact Pernilla Nicklasson, +46 729-88 95 07. We make continuous selections and interviews, so we would like to have your application as soon as possible, but no later than 2017.05.10
We look forward receiving your application!
ADB SAFEGATE is a leading provider of intelligent solutions that deliver superior airport performance from approach to departure. We partner with airports and airlines to analyze their current structures and operations, and jointly identify and solve bottlenecks. Our consultative approach enables airports to improve efficiency, enhance safety and environ - mental sustainability, as well as reduce operational costs. Our portfolio includes solutions and services that harmonize airport performance, tackling every aspect of traffic handling and guidance, from approach, runway and taxiway lighting, to tower-based traffic control systems and intelligent gate and docking automation. ADB SAFEGATE has 900+ employees in more than 20 coun - tries and serves some 2,000+ airports in more than 175 countries. adbsafegate.com