As a Custom Design Engineer you will be a part of a team that consists of 4 units; Control System, Hydraulics, Mechanics and After Sales. Your main mission is to serve the company’s clients, purchasing-and production as well as making sure that the end customer is satisfied.
In this position you will receive new propulsion arrangement requirements and technical specifications from the Sales teams and be responsible for converting them into class society approved drawings and needed documentation to describe and verify the specific delivery. You work closely together with Production, Purchasing, Operations, Marketing and After Sales teams and provide them with the necessary technical drawings and specifications in order for the product to be produced in an efficient and timely manner.
We see that you are a subject matter expert who are used to working independently as well as being a good communicator who can review your colleagues methods and results and provide them with guidance and training when necessary.
Last application date: 2019-05-26.
Selection and interviews will be held continuously. The position might be filled before the last application day, therefor we urge you to apply as soon as possible.
Contact Information: In this process Caterpillar is collaborating with Dfind Science & Engineering. For any questions please contact recruitment consultant Lisa Pettersson at +46 761 86 87 73 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• B.Sc or M.Sc within Engineering
• 5 years working experience or more
• Excellent skills in Autocad & Solidworks
• Fluent in English
• Previous experience of construction towards customer specific order, Engineer to Order, is meritorious
• Experience from working with LEAN is an asset
• Previous experience from working in a multi-cultural environment, handling foreign customers or cultural understanding for Asian-and European working culture is highly valued
• Driven, committed and taking initiatives in order to contribute and develop Caterpillars way of working
• Service-minded and always ensuring customer satisfaction
• Caring about safety and reporting risks, lack of resources or other obstacles
• Organized and structured
• A good communicator and team player
Caterpillar Propulsion started out as a small Swedish shipyard in 1912 and is today a full-scale global operation and part of Caterpillar Marine. The Company develop and produce high performance propellers and propulsion systems for commercial ships and workboats around the globe – with a focus on controllable pitch propellers, thrusters, and control solutions. Caterpillar Propulsion have production facilities in Sweden and Singapore and marketing offices around the globe.