AkzoNobel’s Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2)technologies are globally considered state-of-the-art, providing sustainable manufacturing of chlorine dioxide. The research and development program looks for innovative improvements to these technologies as well as novel solutions. As the group manager you will contribute to strategic planning and translate the strategy into an action plan for the group. It is an opportunity to work within a prioritized area, with challenges that are critical for further improving our competitiveness and profitability. We are offering a new and exciting role and are looking for someone with the mindset and skills for leading both research and people in a successful way.
- Manage the Chlorine Dioxide group and create an open, innovative and safe working climate
- Safeguard competence by systematic competence development and recruitment
- Ensure the quality and scientific level of the group’s deliveries in order to provide reliable, high standard reports, projects
- Manage the program and project portfolio within the Chlorine Dioxide segment including identification of opportunities, definition of ambitions and design of programs
- Initiate activities and programs and perform support within the defined budget
- Follow the scientific and industrial development to acquire new knowledge, identify threats and actively support innovation
- Scout external state-of-the-art research in the field of electrochemistry and inorganic chemistry, aiming at generating new process opportunities and developments
- IP portfolio lead for chlorine dioxide
- Develop and maintain an internal and external network and represent the company within the area of expertise
- Write and present reports within the area of expertise and actively publish scientific work
- Coordinate, account for and optimize use of the department’s laboratories and pilot units
- MSc or higher degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years of relevant industrial experience
- Excellent leadership skills and preferably experience from a managerial position
- Strong safety leadership skills within peoples and process safety
- Good understanding of chemical process engineering aspects
- Good knowledge of inorganic chemistry and chemical manufacturing processes/technology
- Established network within the industry or academia
- Skills in writing reports and presenting results
- Results oriented with a good ability to cooperate
- Innovative and engaged mindset
- Ability to convey scientific knowledge into practical use for colleagues in various functions
- Proficient in English, written and spoken
- Ability to travel globally
Location: Bohus, Sweden
When recruiting for this position we are working together with Dfind Science & Engineering. If you have any further questions please contact the recruiting consultant Nadja Bergman; +46 729889828, email@example.com
For union related questions, please contact:
Akademikerklubben: Emma Lundin
Unionen: Helene Rosenlund
Ledarna: Ronny Knutsson
Phone: +46 3158700 (switchboard)
Last day of application: 2018-05-30
Organization and Business description:
AkzoNobel Pulp and Performance Chemicals is a leading global force in pulp bleaching technologies, colloidal silica and expandable microspheres. We provide innovative and sustainable products and technologies that are widely used by customers in a large variety of industrial applications. Our 1,960 employees operate in 33 countries. Pulp and Performance Chemicals forms a business unit within AkzoNobel, which is the world’s largest paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals.
Bleaching Chemicals Process RD&I is a function within Pulp and Performance Integrated Supply Chain. The department works with a global role with research and development for existing and new manufacturing processes to benefit the Bleaching Chemical businesses of PPC. The strategic direction is to support this business to maintain the global market leadership position and achieve profitable growth. The department is based in Bohus, Sweden.
Do not forget to follow us on https://www.linkedin.com/company/akzonobel and https://www.facebook.com/akzonobelse for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.