Biometrics & Information Sciences (B&I) is the home of late stage drug development biometrics activity at AstraZeneca and consists of experts in statistics, programming, informatics and information science. B&I drive good design and standards to generate the data needed for quality decision making on AstraZeneca’s drug development projects as well as ensuring high quality regulatory submissions.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at AstraZeneca as a consultant where you will be leading the strategic, statistical thinking and contributions to the Development Plans, Regulatory Strategy, Health Technology Assessment and Commercial Presentation for indications/projects within an AZ product team. The role is a Leadership role able to lead and direct elements of project work and accountable for the statistical work within the project reporting to a Senior Statistical Science Director.
Your main tasks will be:
- Leadership to statistical staff on the indications/projects so that all work is carried out with regards to AZ standards and external regulations.
- Through partnership with experts, developing design options and providing high quality decision support to enable the business to make informed decisions.
- Quantifying the benefit, risk, value and uncertainty of the emerging product profile.
- Holding CRO/Partners accountable for the high quality standards of their deliverables.
- Represent AZ and Statistics to Health Authorities and Reimbursement/Payer Organizations for specific projects/indications.
- Application of expert skills to investigate, apply novel statistical approaches, for relevant statistical issues and/or regulatory guidance and/or value demonstration.
- Mentor/coach and support the education and training of Statistics staff in the technical arena.
- Leadership Capabilities @ Level 2/3
- MSc/PhD in Statistics or Mathematics(containing a substantial statistical component) with experience in pharma/healthcare or other relevant area
- Knowledge of the technical and regulatory requirements related to the role
- Experience of Development, program design and data analysis and interpretation
- Experience of regulatory interactions and/or submissions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Experience from the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience from working with databases
- Knowledge in other programming languages (e.g., S-PLUS, R, etc.)
- Collaboration required - needs the energy to work across global & functional boundaries both internally and externally
- Ability to apply statistical expertise to complex problems, problem solving and quality focus.
Deadline for applications: 2018-05-25. Selection is on-going and interviews will be held continuously which means the positions can be filled before deadline. Please make sure to send in your application at your earliest convenience!
For more information contact: Alma Zanqrelle firstname.lastname@example.org or Eleonor Ehrman +46733-434109
Please keep in mind, e-mail applications will not be considered. Register your profile at Dfind Science & Engineering's webpage and send in your application there.
Dfind Science & Engineering is a recruitment and consulting company within science and engineering. All our consultant managers and recruitment consultants have an education and work experience within the respective field. In combination with extensive knowledge of staff issues and solid experience of recruitment, this means that we understand our clients' need for both flexibility and the right skills.
Dfind Science & Engineering is since 2016 part of Randstad Group. With over 600 000 employees in over 40 countries Randstad is the world’s second largest company within recruiting and staffing.