Beckers Group is looking for a self-reliant polymer or formulation chemist to join our Long-Term Research group. You primary responsibility will be to design and develop high performance, new generation coating technology for our customers in steel and plastic. You work with long-term project from early development phase through upscaling and production line test.
This is a highly communicative role, where you participate as well as give presentations at Becker Group technical meetings, and also meet with raw material suppliers and equipment suppliers to keep up with new technologies and trends in the market.
The position is based in Märsta (Stockholm) and you report directly to the LTR Laboratory Manager.
- Evaluates, selects and applies broad engineering/scientific techniques, processes, and criteria using judgment in making adaptations and modifications
- Responsible for the development of new improved products, systems or applications using a variety of engineering methods to meet specifications and functional requirements
- Develops new products using innovative ideas and materials
- Maintains contact with raw material suppliers
- Tests whether the correct R&D methods are used, and the conclusions are founded correctly
- MSc in Chemistry/ Chemical engineering, preferably in a Polymer or Coatings related Science
- Research experience from industry or academia
- Experience from paint or coating industry is desired
- Experience in product development from related area is meritorious
- In order to succeed in this position you need to be result-oriented, flexible and creative
- You are methodical, organized and communicative
- You have technical interest and willingness to stay current in your technical knowledge
- You are fluent, both written and verbal in English
In this recruitment Beckers Industrial Coatings is collaborating with Dfind Science & Engineering. Please contact recruitment consultant Peter Janson, 072-588 32 23, for questions. Please submit your application in English at www.dfind.se. The last day to apply is 15th of July 2018.
About Beckers, and Beckers Industrial Coatings
The Beckers Group is a global industrial coatings company that provides quality services and custom-made solutions across many sectors. The company is structured into three business segments: Coil Coatings, Industrial Coatings, and Consumer Design Finishes. Beckers talented workforce comprises almost 1,800 people at 24 manufacturing sites, satellite offices and our corporate headquarters, serving customers in over 50 countries.
Beckers Industrial Coatings, part of Beckers Group, supplies high-durability coatings for agricultural, construction and earthmoving (ACE) equipment. The company also delivers finishes for trucks, Automotive Plastics Exteriors (APE) and the railway segment.