- Maintain and improve existing automation, assembly methods and processes with the emphasis on improving manufacturability and maintaining product quality and process performance.
- Proactively identify risks in the design of processes, equipment, and methods associated with manufacturing.
- Design quality into the equipment or process rather than relying on detection through off-line inspection.
- Develop robust processes through the use of Design of Experiments and/or process characterization that support wider OEE metrics.
- Support the validation and verification of products from the Concept phase through Design & Development and into Production.
- Give component design feedback to the Development team regarding injection molded designs.
- Development of automation projects including user requirements, test plans, prototype material procurement, assembly, testing and final production.
- Create custom fixtures and procedures for testing, inspection, or functional evaluation of part designs and compliance with specifications or intended use.
- Proactively identify risks in the design of processes, equipment, and methods associated with manufacturing and design quality.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- More than 5 years’ experience within continuous manufacturing environments.
- Knowledge of plastic injection molding and the handling of plastic components.
- Knowledge of ultra-sonic welding would be advantageous.
- Experience with high speed automation or assembly equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with manufacturing of medical devices.
- Demonstrable track record of managing and delivering continuous improvement projects.
- Hands on experience with electro-mechanical troubleshooting in a high-volume automated manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of GMP, ISO, and FDA rules and regulatory requirements.
- Quality Management System experience preferred.
Cepheid offers a dynamic and technically advanced role where you work with front line automated process systems. In the beginning you will get the opportunity to travel to Sunnyvale and stay there for longer periods. If you also share our core values: The Best Team Wins, Innovation Defines our Future, Customers Talk, We Listen, Kaizen is Our Way of Life and We Compete for Shareholders, you will enjoy working with us.
Employment: Full time
Last date of application: We are assessing applications continuously, so apply as soon as possible. Please send your application in English.
For information: In this recruitment Cepheid is collaborating with Dfind Science & Engineering. For questions please contact responsible recruitment consultant Jan Smith 072-515 55 15. Apply via www.dfind.se/science-engineering.
Cepheid is one of the fastest growing companies in molecular diagnostics. The company's unique diagnostic platform is used throughout the world, making a difference for patients as diagnosis and choice of treatment is facilitated by the test results. Cepheid offers a broad range of diagnostic products in virology, bacteriology and oncology that can meet tomorrow's demands for safe, fast and flexible diagnostic both in Western countries and in countries with limited resources. Globally, the company is represented by its headquarters in Sunnyvale, California, sales and marketing offices in Toulouse, France and technology and chemistry center in Bothell, Washington. Cepheid AB, part of the global Cepheid group, is located in Solna, Sweden and has around two hundred employees, mainly in production, quality control, research and development.