You will contribute to our research and development efforts on novel optical fingerprint sensing concepts with the end goal of enabling in-display fingerprint sensing. Our client product offering is in constant motion and there is a need to bring in new technologies and radically different sensing concepts into our product portfolio.
About the role:
As a Senior Optical Engineer, you will work in close collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues to further develop in-display sensing technology and bring it to the market.
As a Senior Optical Engineer, you will play an important role in enhancing our optical design through
modeling, simulation, as well as hands-on evaluation. Your key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design new optical systems for our expanding optical in-display fingerprint sensing technology portfolio.
- Participate in product development activities bringing the technology to mass production.
- Analyze the design through simulations in terms of image quality and similar performance indicators.
- Design experimental setups to verify the simulation results and carry out the required measurements and feedback
- the outcome in the next design iteration.
- Handle communication with suppliers as well as customers.
- Take part in patent filings.
position is to investigate the current state-of-the-art in related technology areas, analyze IP positions of such
technologies and develop internal IP to secure the long-term competitiveness of the company.
We believe that you have a Master of Science in Engineering, such as in electronics, physics, optics, or the equivalent.
A doctoral degree or a research background in optics or a related field is a plus. Previous experience in optical design is
a great advantage. With the right profile, less experienced candidates will be considered.
Who you are
- You are a team player with a positive problem-solving attitude.
- You are curious and are driven by a deep technical interest
- You are structured, ambitious and enjoy working in a small and entrepreneurial company
- You are able to drive assignments independently and to self-manage priorities
- You have experience in optical software tools such as OpticStudio (Zemax), Code V, LightTools, or similar.
- You are fluent in MATLAB programming language and have in industrial experience in optical design
- You have good knowledge in and experience of both classical and physical optics.
- You have a good understanding and preferably hands-on experience in working with CMOS image sensors.
Extension: Full-time consultant through Dfind Science and Engineering for the right candiate a permanent position will be offered at our client.
Deadline for applications: 2019-02-22, selection and interviews are done continuously. The positions may be filled before closing date, so apply as soon as possible.
For information: Contact Mattias Runevad for more information email@example.com
What do we offer you as a consultant?
Dfind Science & Engineering belongs to Randstad, which is a market leading HR service company in Sweden. We are contract suppliers to some of the largest automotive companies in the county and will present you in exciting and developing positions. We provide a safe employment for you as a consultant, where we put your wellbeing as well as your financial security first. We always strive for a good balance between work and leisure. As a part of your employment you are of course entitled to collective labour agreement, fitness programme, occupational health care service and insurances.