As a Supply Chain Study Manager in Supply Chain/Pharm Dev, you’ll develop a broad knowledge of the diverse range of clinical study options utilised by the pharmaceutical industry, as well as in-depth expertise in specific therapeutic areas. We’ll look to you to design, plan and manage trial medication for patients taking part in AstraZeneca clinical studies all over the world. In return, you’ll find a vibrant team culture in which continuous improvement and effective collaboration are high priorities.
The Supply Chain Study Manager (SCSM) role is a key leadership role within R&D Supply Chain. The role holder will manage the supply chain for a portfolio of global clinical studies across all phases within a drug development programme. He / she will lead cross-functional Study Drug Working Group (SDWG) and represent these teams on the R&D Supply Chain Team. The SCSM works in collaboration with customer functions to influence and manage demand for individual studies, and is responsible for their supply chain deliverables.
The Supply Chain Study Manager role covers the full spectrum of the clinical study lifespan, across all phases of the drug development lifecycle, covering small and large molecule drug products.
Within this role the SCSM will:
- The SCSM will collaborate with members of R&D SC, Clinical Development and external partners.
- Lead and provide direction to Study Drug Working Groups (SDWGs) comprising members of R&D SC, Clinical Development and external partners.
- Ensures the team delivers clinical supplies effectively and consistently, balancing cost and risk to supply with expert input and support from cross functional groups.
- Understand and translate clinical study protocol requirements into demand for drug product within a clinical study. Author the drug supply section of Clinical Study Protocol and lead development of master label text.
- Use simulation tools and supply chain expertise to design optimised, lean supply chains for individual studies and ensure delivery of the end to end supply of materials to meet study needs. Define IVRS user requirements, set up IVRS tool and ensure timely go-live for individual studies. Use IVRS to track recruitment and adjust IVRS parameters to accommodate any changes in study scope and design.
- Collaborate with CRO partners in development of pack design and review the technical part of the outsourcing contract. Review changes to the contract with CRO partners and Sourcing Managers as necessary.
- Monitor the budget for individual study supply activities and materials for the project. Flag deviations to SC Programme Manager. Manage change in demand and supply, resolve issues, escalating when appropriate.
- Work within GMP Quality Management Systems, including managing deviations, complaints, change controls as appropriate.
The ideal candidate for this role will have an R&D background and strong ability to manage their time effectively, working on several studies or tasks within studies alongside each other and prioritizing between them as needed. They will thrive in a fast paced role where there is often change to the studies, using effective evaluation and analysis of complex data sets to make decisions throughout the life of the studies. They will manage business and supplier relationships well and be able to influence others cross functionally and globally
- A suitable degree, qualification or experience in a supply chain drug development discipline. e.g. Pharmacist.
- Experience in managing and influencing customer demands.
- In depth knowledge of Clinical Development processes relevant to the supply of clinical materials.
- Experience of project management.
- Strong influencing, negotiating and problem-solving skills, including across functional, geographical and cultural boundaries.
- Risk identification and management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Swedish and English.
Deadline for applications: 2018-03-29. Please make sure to send in your application at your earliest convenience! Selection is on-going and interviews will be held continuously which means the positions can be filled before deadline.
For more information contact: Birgitta Nyström email@example.com +46733434153 or Alma Zanqrelle firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep in mind, e-mail applications will not be considered. Register your profile at Dfind Science & Engineering's webpage and send in your application there.
Dfind Science & Engineering is a recruitment and consulting company within science and engineering. All our consultant managers and recruitment consultants have an education and work experience within the respective field. In combination with extensive knowledge of staff issues and solid experience of recruitment, this means that we understand our clients' need for both flexibility and the right skills.
Dfind Science & Engineering is since 2016 part of Randstad Group. With over 600 000 employees in over 40 countries Randstad is the world’s second largest company within recruiting and staffing.