Due to continued growth, we are seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual to the position of Technical Sales Engineer, Nordic Region responsible for the Gatan range of electron microscopy cameras, accessories and sample preparation equipment. The position is expected to be based in the region and the successful candidate will work from home, with coverage for the whole region. Therefore a relatively high degree of travel will be required, according to business demand. Whilst this is a newly created role within the company, there is already a well-established revenue stream for the product line, which we are seeking to further grow through this appointment.
As Technical Sales Engineer you are responsible for sales of the Gatan product range across Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland. All tasks are related to managing the sales and support of these particular products in the region. Reporting to one of the directors of the company, sales and marketing of the Gatan product line will be achieved via proactive management of the sales process including:
• Development of a territory sales plan, with defined actions and goals for opportunity generation and closing orders.
• Prospecting for new business and following up on new and existing enquiries e.g. through telephone calls, customer visits, presentations, seminars, workshops and attendance at tradeshows and conferences.
• Provide consultation and guidance regarding customers’ applications, ensuring correct products are provided to meet needs and exceed expectations in line with corporate aspirations.
• Use the customer relationship management (CRM) software to plan ahead and make efficient use of time and company resources in order to achieve the principal responsibilities.
• Manage the sales cycle and buying processes to conclusion and use the CRM system to assist this and maintain records, to enable accurate sales forecasting
• Negotiating and closing orders to exceed quarterly and annual sales targets.
• First line customer applications advice
We believe the successful candidate will hold a physical or life sciences degree to at least Bachelor level but preferably to PhD level. You have extensive hands-on experience in electron microscopy, ideally in TEM, gained through academic research experience at PhD or postdoc level.
You as a person are target-driven, highly self-motivated with a natural “will-to-win”. You are customer focused, and are an exceptionally good listener with ability to quickly understand and prioritise customer requirements. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required as well as strong time management and prioritization skills. You are open to coaching and personal development and are able to assimilate & apply new product information quickly and efficiently.
Due to the nature of the territory it is envisaged that you will be out of the office on business travel for a minimum of 60% of the time therefore ability to travel is a must. As such, whilst you are part of a rapidly expanding team, you are also comfortable working independently. A clean driving license is required.
Established in 2013, BlueScientific is a distributor of scientific instruments and accessories for a number of the World’s leading manufacturers, including Bruker, Ametek, Gatan, Renishaw and Physical Electronics. We serve customers in a range of markets and applications, split equally between academic research and industrial applications, including materials science, surface analysis and life sciences, with geographic coverage across the UK, Ireland and the Nordic region.
Opportunity and Compensation
BlueScientific offers a flexible position with a competitive benefits package, as well as opportunities for individual development. We are an ambitious, dynamic and fast-growing business, and offer a supportive and positive work environment for our employees, with excellent opportunities for career development.
Additional information and application:
In this recruitment, Bluescientific is collaborating with Dfind Science & Engineering. For questions regarding this role, please contact recruitment consultant Peter Janson, email@example.com +46 (0) 725883223. Please send your application online as soon as possible, and no later than April 22nd 2018 on the following link https://www.dfind.se/science-engineering/